Dear SCCC Family,
The elders and I very much appreciate your ongoing patience and prayer support while we seek to wisely respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a means of best serving our church and community we have decided to live-stream all activities at the church facility. There will be no in-person physicals gatherings at the church building but we will continue to live as the church defined by God’s people in new and exciting ways amidst an unprecedented time. What follows is reflection upon God’s call for us and ways we are seeking to humbly respond as his people.
Romans 13:8-10 8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
- Love Your Neighbor. In Christ we have received perfect love from God Himself! What a gift and reason to now love others more than ourselves. As his followers in the world we also seek to do no wrong to a neighbor. In the face of COVID-19 this includes helping to mitigate the impact on local health systems and individuals amidst a quickly spreading sickness. The following changes are geared toward honoring God and showing a caring concern for the other instead of a cavalier contempt for God’s Word and the wisdom of health officials. We will continue to live as God’s people pursuing God’s mission in the world as continually seek to care for the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of our community.
- Wisdom of health professionals including the World Health Organization
- Wisdom of God’s Word in Scripture as noted above
- Trust in God’s sovereign goodness. Jesus promises I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Mt 16:18). God is active, not absent and sovereign, not silent as we walk through difficulty in the world. We will follow as he leads.
- Please plan to worship online at 10am during this time. Services will be live streamed on our Facebook page which can be accessed here or by pasting this link into your browser: https://www.facebook.com/SCCCMD/
- We will attempt to incorporate ways for viewers to participate in real time as we sing, hear God’s Word, pray, and celebrate the good news we have in Jesus Christ even amidst fear, anxiety, sickness, and the struggles of this life.
WAYS TO HELP
- PRAY The primary work of the people of God is prayer. As creatures we depend on our Creator and speaking with Him in prayer reorients our hearts to trust in His ability and ask for His purposes be accomplished in the world.
- Sunday morning live stream service via Facebook
- If you would like to be matched with a specific prayer partner and receive prayer requests from the church please notify Camille or Jamison
- Stay tuned for information about a potential live-stream prayer evening and weekly guided devotional in the next two weeks
- GIVE You are encouraged to give in the continued joyful, sacrificial, and regular way as we continue gospel ministry through the local church. Online financial giving can be done through this link: http://scccmd.org/give or via mail addressed to the church at 1320 Avalon Blvd. Shady, Side, MD 20764
- ASK If you or someone you know is in need of physical, emotional, spiritual assistance please email Camille in the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jamison (email@example.com) to notify us of need
- VOLUNTEER If you would like to help meet needs in the community and congregation please email Camille or Jamison to indicate that
- Cleaning The building will be sanitized thoroughly including the cleansing of access points, door handles, and counter top surfaces.
- Assessment Assessment of present and future needs will be done by the elders on a frequent basis throughout the week.
- Communication Please check the website, Facebook page, and request to be added to the church email list if not yet part of that to receive future announcements.
I look forward to worshipping together via live-stream on Sundays at 10am!